The Active Patient Coach helps clients first by assessing their needs, then works with them to map out an action plan, identify resources, and implement next steps. We help clients learn how to partner with doctors and other medical professionals and become proactive in their own care.
The Coach has developed handbooks and toolkits to support clients in their decision-making processes, and to track their journey through the medical system and recovery. Importantly, the Coach focuses on a client’s personal values and preferences, their quality of life and the quality of their care.
Our clients have diverse medical needs—from cancer treatments to Alzheimer’s, from rare disorders to in-hospital advocacy, from chronic diseases to joint replacements.
The Active Patient Coach helps clients:
- Frame their health care objectives, and then design and implement plans to reach these targets, with a comprehensive, integrative approach;
- Create a client’s Roadmap to Care, incorporating personal preferences, needs and values;
- Learn how to navigate the complexities of provider systems;
- Become informed about relevant, evidence-based options for their care; and
- Partner confidently with their doctors as the engaged, informed patient.
To do this, the Coach assists (as needed) in:
- Identifying doctors and hospitals best suited to a client’s needs and desires;
- Providing additional information about diagnoses and treatment options;
- Framing questions for doctors about conditions and care that will lead to informed decision-making;
- Conducting and synthesizing research about conditions, treatments and clinical trials; and
- Attending appointments, with comprehensive note-taking and follow-up action plans.
The Coach also assists caregivers and family members in becoming successful advocates for their loved ones; in partnering with providers and navigating the health care system; and in protecting their own health and well-being while giving so much to a loved one.
If you or someone you love needs help navigating the medical system to get the best possible care with the best possible quality of life, contact The Active Patient Coach now. We offer a free exploratory consult to determine whether or not we can be of assistance. After which, we propose an action plan and time frame, and offer appropriate, tailored toolkits.
The Active Patient Coach understands that medical care is expensive and offers flexible payment plans so that engaging a coach and advocate is not only desirable, but doable. Contact us today to learn more about the ways in which the Patient Coach can help you achieve your health care goals, and receive the best possible care and outcomes.
NEXT: Do you need our help?